What You Should Know and Do for Healthy Dialysis Management
IF YOU KNOW, YOU HAVE TRUST
Why is it important to choose the right dialysis center? If dialysis will be a part of your life, if we will spend an important time there, how much it can respond to our needs, what special services it can offer you, the health team’s knowledge and experience, what team work you need to do together, what you need to bring with you when coming to treatment, how to manage the hemodialysis session. You need to know the answers to many questions, such as what to do next. You will find the answers to all these on these reference pages and you can make a more accurate choice accordingly.
The Importance and Choice of the Right Dialysis Center
Must See On Site, Meet The Team, Be Near You, Must Meet Special Needs
If you need hemodialysis treatment, remember that you will spend an important time in the dialysis center. For this, it is important that it is close to you, equipped, the healthcare team is knowledgeable, experienced, and smiling, but you feel safe.
We know that this is a new beginning for you and you naturally have concerns, but don’t be afraid, we are always here;Our team of experts and experienced people do their best to make your treatment healthy, comfortable and get used to the center.
You will see that you will be friends with our team and other patients in a short time and you will feel at home.
As a team with you, it is very important that we carry out this process in accordance with the rules required for mutual trust, respect and health.
- Visit the Dialysis Centers near you and compare them,
- Meet the team, ask all the questions in your mind,
- If possible, exchange views with patients in treatment.
Walk around the building, question whether the building is specifically planned for this service, electricity (uninterrupted power supply, generator, etc.), oxygen system infrastructures, transfer service.
Questions That Can Help
- Staff training, experience, continuous training
- How much patients are informed.
- Are pre-information provided to patients and their relatives and regular education afterwards?
- Can the session hours be stretched if needed?
- Number of hemodialysis devicesDo they provide transfer service?
- Is the center built only for service in this regard?
- How is the electricity and oxygen system infrastructure?
- Are power cuts supported by uninterrupted power supply and generator?
- Is there a rest and waiting room?
- Is there an emergency response room and equipment?
- Television, internet, etc. are there services?
- Can I use a computer on my bed, is there an electrical outlet?
Is my insurance valid at the Private Dialysis Center?
According to the legislation of the Ministry of Health on this issue, Green Card Holders can only be treated free of charge in State Hospitals. Our SGK / BAĞKUR patients can benefit from Private Dialysis Centers at no cost, and Private Health Insurance Owners can benefit from their policies in part / completely free of charge.
Vascular Access, Creation of Vascular Path (Fistula)
Vascular Access Path is Your Connection With Life and Things Are Easier and More Pleasant with a Healthy Vascular Path
Dialysis treatment is to take the blood of the patient out, pass it through the dialyzer (filter) and clean it and return it to the patient. The methods used to take blood out and return it to the patient for this procedure are called dialysis vascular access.
In order to ensure adequate cleaning during the dialysis treatment, vascular access route should allow high volume of blood exchange.
The main balls in the body is the vascular path, which is obtained by placing the pipes made of soft silicone, etc. material into the veins. They can be placed in temporary or permanent ways. Although the permanent catheter is safer, the catheter is not preferred due to its various risks.
In hemodialysis, the blood vessels that will be used to remove and collect enough blood from the body and return it afterwards should be able to allow large-volume, high-volume blood flow. This vascular access path, which is created for this and facilitates the repeated needle entry of patients, is called Fistula.
It is created by combining an artery and vein. In this way, a faster blood flow is provided in the vein and the vein matures to facilitate repeated needle interventions, this process takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
The fistula is provided by surgical intervention in the operating room.
Fistula or Graft is a decision that your doctor should make, considering which can be used, your body vascular structure and other possible ailments and the side effects of the chosen method.
It should be performed by a surgeon in the operating room in both procedures.
We Will Learn Together, Everything Will Be Enjoyable
Nutrition is always important to be energetic, even more important in dialysis.
During dialysis, we need more energy than normal time, so you should eat something lightly without leaving home. A heavy meal can cause problems during dialysis.Before leaving the house, you should wash your fistula area with warm water and soap.You can make continuous evaluations about these issues with your doctor and dietitian.Wear a comfortable outfit, tight outfits can both disrupt your comfort and tighten the vascular access, preventing adequate blood flow.
What You Should Have With You
- You can bring book, computer, tablet etc. for a pleasant dialysis session.
- You may be disturbed by the lights in the dialysis section, and using an eye patch will relieve you.
To Come to The Center On Time
There are some things you need to do when you come to our Dialysis Center. You must have arrived at least 15 minutes before your dialysis session will start on time. If you are benefiting from our transfer service, our chauffeurs pay attention to be at your door in time, it is very important for you and other patients to comply with this timing.
Be Sure to Contact The Information Desk
There may be special information transfer about the issues, there may be forms / documents you need to fill in, your doctor may request additional communication with you. Therefore, first consult and inform that you have come.
Your Companions Can Benefit In The Waiting Room
Entering the companions in the dialysis hall is risky for him and our patients. For this reason, they can wait for you in the waiting room, watch television and use the internet.
While making the necessary preparations for you in the dialysis room, you can wait in the waiting room by chatting with tea and coffee. You will be notified when preparations are completed.When notified, wash your arm gently with warm water and soap, do not forget to dry with a paper towel.Before each session, weight control, etc. general checks are made.You can then go to bed, your nurse will start your treatment.
The Procedures Your Nurse Will Make in the Treatment
While starting dialysis, your nurse will perform the following procedures:
- Measures your blood pressure and pulse
- If you have a central venous catheter, it measures your fever
- Queries if you have a general or dialysis problem
- Allows your doctor to check if there is a problem
- Checks the condition of your fistula and catheter
- Connects you to the dialysis machine if everything is appropriate
- Periodically checks your blood pressure and pulse during the session
- If your doctor has recommendations for you, these additional treatments can be applied during the session
- After the completion of dialysis treatment, it will separate you from the dialysis machine
During your dialysis session, you can request and get help from your nurse anytime you need it. Remember that we are there to help you.
During the session, please be comfortable, as at home.
In your bed, you can read books, read, watch TV, use the Internet, use computers, so that you can make your treatment more enjoyable.
The Last Few Actions You Need To Do After Treatment
After dialysis, you should apply pressure on your arm for a while instead of fistula. It will be sufficient to apply this for a few minutes, but it is recommended to continue until you get approval from your nurse.
Your nurse will perform the following procedures before you leave the salon;
- Measures your blood pressure (blood pressure)
- Checks your weight to check how much fluid is drawn after dialysis
What you should pay attention to
- Please move slowly while standing up, you may have blood pressure problem
- Also, do not forget to act carefully.
- Do not forget to wash your hands before leaving the salon for the health of yourself and those around you.
Safety, Health Rules
For Health and Safety of You and Your Surroundings
As you come to dialysis sessions, you adapt to everything in the dialysis center.
We take you from your place and bring you to the dialysis center,
- You will weigh your preliminary checks, check your blood pressure,
- You go to bedTreatment begins, endsIf you wish, we will leave you at home.
- This whole process is a process that we need to carry out together and you need to actively participate.
We will spend more time together, first of all, mutual trust and respect will be very important for you and all of us.
- It is very important to comply with the treatment days and hours within the planned schedule.
- Thus, we will use our precious time correctly for all of us.
- Silence in the dialysis center is important for a calm and peaceful environment.
- Let’s keep the cleanliness and order, please don’t touch the devices,
- Despite the risk of infections, let us pay attention to hygiene rules.
Your security is important to us. We have received training against all risks and we keep our knowledge up-to-date with continuous training. Attention and compliance with you will increase the effect of our security measures.
- Continuous cleaning with hygiene causes slipping and falling. Against this situation that can be encountered frequently, please be careful without hurrying while you are in the center.
- If you notice any danger, please inform our team.Smoking and drinking alcohol are prohibited inside the dialysis center.
- Do not leave your belongings on the floors and keep them only in the places assigned / shown to you.
- Always wear shoes or slippers in the center, do not walk barefoot.
- Do not touch dialysis machines, any devices or medicines.
- It is forbidden to use mobile phones in the hall, it affects the operation of medical devices that are vital for you and causes malfunction.
Hygiene and infection control are among the most important elements of hemodialysis treatment. Measures are always taken against the risk of infection in the dialysis center where we all live, we believe that you can contribute to this, what you can do,
- Always wash your hands when you come and go.
- Do not put your belongings, bags on dialysis machines, tables or trash cans.
- No gloves, do not press the needle exit, make sure your hands are clean when leaving the hall.
- Throw your trash into separate boxes, on the basis of medical or non-medical waste.
- Red boxes are for medical waste, blue or black are for domestic waste.
- Never touch the waste bins and medical waste bins.